This set of features allows you to add and manage email accounts associated with your domain.
Add an Email Address
To set up a new email box, please follow the steps below.
- Go to your Control Panel >> Mail >> Email Accounts
- Click on Email Accounts button to go to the Email account page which is where we are going to create and manage Email accounts.
- Just type the name of the Email account (Email Address) that you want to create and enter the desired password for it two times.
- Click on ‘Create Account’ button to create the Email Account.
- Once the Email account is created, it will be present in the list of Email Accounts, you can see the options to manage that Email account on the right. If you click on the ‘More’ drop down, you can see the options Access webmail and Configure Email client in it.
- Once you’ve set up email accounts you can either access them via webmail for Emailing purposes or you may install an Email client and set up the mail account in it.
- If you click on the Access Webmail option above, it will take you to the default web-based Email clients of cPanel which are Horde, Squirrelmail and Roundcube. Or you can go to http://webmail.YOURDOMAIN.com , where YOURDOMAIN.com is your actual domain name.
Existing addresses are displayed in a table. Using this table, it is possible to:
• See how much disk space the account uses.
• Change a password.
• Change a quota limit.
• Delete an email address.
• Access an account through webmail.
• Configure a mail client.
Change the Password
A secure password is one that contains no dictionary words and includes upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
To change the password:
• Type your new password into the Password box.
• Confirm your new password in the Password (again) box.
° You can click the Password Generator link to have a strong password generated for you. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
• Click Change Password to store the new password.
° If you do not wish to change the password, click cancel.
Change the Quota Limit
The quota limit for an address defines the amount of mail (in Megabytes) that can be stored to its mailbox. Once this limit is exceeded, any incoming mail will be returned to the sender with a message stating that the recipient’s mailbox is full.
When the quota is reached, new incoming messages will be stored on the server for a 48-hour period before being deleted. They will not be delivered to your inbox until you delete old emails.
Since a full quota will prevent you from receiving mail, it is important to keep track of quota usage.
Note: You will not be able to exceed the quota set by your web host. Also, due to mail server constraints, you cannot set a quota greater than 2048 MB. Quotas exceeding this amount must be unlimited.
To change a mail quota:
• Click Change Quota.
• Type the new email quota (in Megabytes) into the appropriate field. For an unlimited account, click unlimited.
• Click Change Quota to store the new value.
° If you do not wish to change the quota, click cancel.
Delete an Email Address
To delete an email address:
• Click the Delete link corresponding to the account you wish to remove.
• Confirm that you wish to delete the address by clicking Delete.
° If you wish to keep the email address, click cancel.
Configure an Email Client
This feature will automatically configure your email client to access your cPanel email address(es). An email client allows you to access your email account from an application on your computer. Outlook® Express and Apple® Mail are examples of email clients.
Note: You must already have an email client installed on your computer in order to automatically configure it using cPanel.
To configure your mail client:
• Select and download the appropriate configuration file from the list.
• Run the script file to automatically configure a mail client for the selected address.
When completed properly, your email client should open automatically and log into your email account(s).
Note: If you wish to use an email client that is not listed in this interface, you will need to manually configure it. For more information on manually configuring an email client, review the documentation of the client you wish to use. Documentation can generally be found on the client’s website.
Default Email Account
Your default email address is listed under the Default Email Account heading. This is a special email account set up when your cPanel account is created by your web host. The account’s username and password are the same as your cPanel account name and password.
Depending upon your web host’s setup, this address may serve as a “catch-all” for all mail sent to invalid usernames in your domain. As such, it may receive a large amount of spam.
You can check and delete the mail received by this account. To do this via webmail, click Access Webmail.
The default address cannot be deleted or renamed, and it has no quota. It cannot be used for sending email. For this reason, we recommend creating an email account for daily use.
Blackberry FastMail Service
If your web host has installed a compatible mail server, you may see the Blackberry® FastMail Service Enabled link at the bottom of the Email Accounts screen.
Click this link to learn more about the service, which provides near-real-time email delivery to mobile devices compatible with the IMAP IDLE protocol.
Direct access to sent and spam mail folders
You can configure your mobile device to open mail from your sent folder (or spam folder) directly in your inbox. Simply configure the device to log into email using your email address, plus /sent or /spam, as the username (for example, email@example.com/sent).