Guardian is a fully managed robust backup solution that provides continuous data protection and off-site disaster recovery that can be accessed by clicking on the R1Soft Restore Backups icon in your control panel. Guardian uses replication and synchronization, with point-in-time snap shots, to provide up to the minute data protection of your complete server configuration. In the case of a catastrophic event, our Guardian Monitoring Team recovers your exact website configuration to minutes before the event occurred.
Guardian directly reads our hard disk volumes at the sector level, bypassing the file system for the ultimate in performance and recovery. Our disk sector synchronization is performed while the server is online and causes no interruption to I/O requests, even on a busy server. By reading the disk at the lowest possible level, Guardian captures incremental recovery images containing your files and all the required information for complete disaster recovery.
• During normal host operation, the Guardian agent keeps a journal of disk changes. Incremental backups know what sectors on the disk have changed before the backup operation even starts. Guardian’s method is less resource intensive than tradition file-by-file or block-by-block backup methods.
• Our technology provides consistent point-in-time system-wide backup images.
• Restore websites directly from disk-based backup. Bare-Metal-Recovery greatly increases the speed of complete system recovery from a catastrophic failure.
• Sector based backups increase throughput and reduce overhead. Websites can be fully operational with minimal performance impact during backups. Backups can usually be performed at anytime, even on busy servers.
• Continuous table level backup of MySql databases.
• The Disk Safe feature allows us to safely store your backup data by encrypting it on our nodes. Disk Safe currently supports encryption using 128-bit RSA Keys and the Blowfish Cipher for symmetric encryption.