The Legacy File Manager offers file manipulation options in an older web-based interface. Users already familiar with an older version of cPanel’s File Manager may find the Legacy File Manager more comfortable.
When an existing file is clicked from the list, a menu in the upper right-hand corner of the window appears, showing the options for file manipulation. (The options are specific to the type of file selected; as a result, not all options will appear for all files.)
• The Copy function copies selected items to a directory you specify.
• The Show File Contents link displays the file’s contents for viewing only.
• The Move File link allows selected files to be moved to a new directory.
• The Download link downloads selected files to your computer.
• The Delete link places selected files from the server into the trash. From there, you can restore or permanently delete the files.
• The Rename link allows a selected file to be renamed.
• The Edit link opens an editor for the selected files.
• The Code Editor link opens a code editor for the selected files.
• The HTML Editor link opens an editor specifically intended for HTML files.
• The Change Permissions link allows the read/write permissions to be changed for selected files.
• The URL link displays the selected file as it would be seen on the Web.