Use Your Domain Email with GMail
Using your gmail account to send and receive email for your domains gives you a lot of storage and you can send and receive using your own domain name. Here’s how to set it up so that gmail will retrieve your email into your gmail account. This assumes you already have set up your email box on your hosting account through the account Control Panel and that you know your email address, your password, and your domain name.
- Log into gmail and go to the Settings menu and select “Settings” from the drop down list.
- Select “Accounts and Import” and then “Add a mail account”.
- A new window will pop up asking for specific information on your email address. For the purposes of this tutorial, we’ll use email@example.com but you’ll need to input your actual email address. Then press “Next”
- Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” and then press “Next”
- The next screen will ask for specific settings so that it can download the email from your domain. You will need your user name which is your full email address, your password which was set up in your control panel and your POP Server (when in doubt, simply put the word “mail” a period and your domain as in mail.your.domain.com.). You then click “Add Account”. Now that your account has been added, you can send email firstname.lastname@example.org using your gmail account, but you can’t yet sent email.
- You probably want to send email using your domain so in the next screen select, “Yes…”
- Now type in your first and last name, or whatever you want your emails to show as your name and select “Treat as an alias”.
- Now your need a few items for sending emails. You will need to enter your SMTP server which is your sending server (when in doubt, simply put the word “mail” a period and your domain as in mail.your.domain.com.), then your user name, again this is your full email address, and finally your password which you set up in the account Control Panel. Then select “Add Account”
- Google will need to verify that you actually own the email address by sending you an email with a link which you’ll click, or a code number which you’ll enter into the form to verify this.
- That’s it. Now you can use gmail for email storage, sending and receiving email using the your domain email addresses.