Creating Your First WordPress Page
In WordPress, the menu or navigation bar of your website is how you move from one page to another. Each page will contain different pieces of information. For example, you can have a page for each of the following and whatever suits your fancy:
- Home Page
- Contact Us
When you create a page, WordPress automatically adds the new page to our navigation bar. If you’ve created your first blog post, this is going to look somewhat familiar.
- Click “Pages” from the menu on the left side.
- Click “Add New” from the drop down option that will appear below “Posts”.
- Click and then type “About Me” in the Title area at the top.
- Then click and type “My Name is John Doe” in the body are of the page.
- Click the blue “Publish” button on the right side.
- And finally, click the “View Post” link that appears after you publish.
With the addition of the new page, when you view your site, you’ll see “About Me” in your navigation menu.
Make This Page Your Home Page
By default, WordPress makes your blog your home page. However, that might not be the desired effect. Here’s how to choose any page within your site to be your “home page”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Dashboard navigation bar.
- Click the page you want as your home page from the “Front Page Displays” > Front Page drop down menu.
- Click Save. It’s that easy.